1. Tools required for installation and adjustment When removing the old packing root and replacing it with a new one, special tools are required, and the gland nut is pre-tightened with a fastener. In addition, it is necessary to use standard safety facilities and comply with relevant safety regulations. Before installation, you must first be familiar with the following equipment: cutting root ring cutting machine, calibration torque wrench or wrench, helmet, internal and external calipers, fasteners, lubricants, reflectors, packing remover, cutting roots Tool, vernier caliper, etc. 2. Packing root cleaning and inspection 1) Slowly loosen the gland nut of the stuffing box to release any residual pressure in the packing assembly;
2) Remove all old packing and thoroughly clean the shaft/rod stuffing box;
3) Check the shaft/rod for corrosion, dents, scratches or excessive wear;
4) Check other parts for burrs, cracks, and wear. They will reduce the life of the packing;
5) Check the stuffing box for excessive clearance and shaft/rod eccentricity;
6) Replace parts with major defects;
7) Check the old packing as a basis for failure analysis to find out why the packing has failed early.
3. Measure and record the diameter of the shaft/rod, the bore diameter and the depth of the stuffing box, and record the distance from the bottom to the top of the stuffing box when the ring is sealed with water.
4. Select Packing 1) Make sure that the selected packing should meet the operating conditions required by the system and equipment;
2) According to the measurement record, calculate the cross-sectional area of â€‹â€‹the packing and the number of packing rings needed;
3) Inspect the packing to ensure it is free of defects;
4) Before installation, make sure the equipment and packing are clean.
5. Preparation of Packing Rings 1) Braided Packing Wrap the packing on a suitable sized shaft, or use a calibrated packing ring cutter; cut the packings neatly (but square) or mitered (as required) 30-45 degrees), cut one ring at a time, and check whether the dimensions are correct with the shaft or valve stem.
2) Molded packing ensures that the ring is precisely sized to fit the shaft or stem. If necessary, cut packing rings according to packing manufacturer's instructions or requirements.
6. Installation Packing Carefully install one packing ring at a time. Place each ring around the shaft or stem. Before installing the next ring, make sure the ring is fully seated in the stuffing box. Next ring Should be staggered, at least 90 degrees apart, generally requiring 120 degrees. After the first ring is installed, tighten the nut by hand and press the cover evenly. If there is a water seal ring, check its distance from the top of the stuffing box. At the same time ensure that the shaft or valve stem can rotate freely.
7, adjust the packing 1) pump packing (1) continue to hand tighten the gland nut;
(2) After opening the pump, adjust the gland nut, allowing a little more leakage at this time;
(3) Slowly tighten the gland nut and gradually reduce leakage until the leak reaches an acceptable level;
(4) If the leakage suddenly stops, tighten the cap nut and re-adjust to prevent the packing from overheating;
(5) Adjust the leak rate to a stable state.
2) Valve Packing Consult the technical department of the packing manufacturing company about the torque regulations or the percentage of compression. Tighten the gland nut as follows:
(1) Apply torque to the gland nut to 30% of full torque or the percentage of compression of the party;
(2) repeatedly open and close the valve several times, when the valve is in the closed position, apply all the torque;
(3) Repeat step (2) 3 or 4 times.
8. Re-tightening and replacement After several hours of operation, check the adjustment of the gland and tighten it if necessary. When the gland can no longer be adjusted, the packing must be replaced.
FHM fence factory provides a variety of Welded Mesh Fencing for your supplying chain/warehouse.You could have a multiple choice here.Welded Wire Mesh Fence is a steel fence using wire strands welded together to form a high strength mesh. Welded wire mesh fences are used predominantly as high security barriers where visibility through the fence is necessary or desirable.
Welded Mesh Fencing
Welded Mesh Fencing,Green Mesh Fencing,Welded Wire Mesh Fence,High Strength Mesh Fencing
DINGZHOU FEIHONG METAL MESH LIMITED , https://www.fhmfencing.com